Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 4th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The individual selected for the job will oversee one of the analytics teams. The individual will leverage creative talents, excellent communication, analytic and project management skills to:
- Manage a team of analysts supporting either the operating departments or 3rd party clients.
- Contribute to establishing company policy and oversee key initiatives designed to increase operational productivity and company profitability.
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment championing the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
- Clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the operations staff, senior management and 3rd party clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline and four years of experience as an analyst in a financial setting (a graduate degree may be considering as contributing towards work experience).
- Prior experience managing employees in an analytics based environment is a plus.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Strong skills in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas).
- Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Visio a plus.
- Natural entrepreneurial interest is a plus