Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The individual selected for the job will oversee one of the analytics teams. The individual will leverage creative talents, excellent communication, analytic and project management skills to:
Manage a team of analysts supporting either the operating departments or 3rd party clients.
Contribute to establishing company policy and oversee key initiatives designed to increase operational productivity and company profitability.
Make significant contributions to our Analytics team and help them deliver deep and valuable insights to our Operations, Support, and Executive Teams
Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment championing the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
Partner with Business Leaders and develop new business strategies, based on analytic research, that streamlines current operating practices.
Clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the operations staff, senior management and 3rd party clients.
Ability not just to guide the team but jump in and do the work when necessary.
Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
Strong attention to detail.
Extensive experience with SQL, preferably T-SQL.
5+ years’ experience visualizing data, automating reports and analyses in Tableau/Power BI/R/Python.
Skilled in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas) and other Microsoft Office tools.
Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor’s Degree or better with proven success in Analytics
5+ years in Analytics
5+ years in the Mortgage industry
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.