Marketing & Social Media Manager
Are you a creative B2B and B2C marketing manager who knows how to use social media to grow a business? We need a skilled and energetic leader to help us build and maintain our brand reputation and enhance our online presence. If selected, you’ll carry out our external marketing and social-media strategies by developing, implementing, and managing high-quality, well-crafted promotional content that communicates our key messages with simplicity and persuasiveness. You’ll also work closely with our Compliance department and the marketing team at our sister company, NewRez LLC, to help drive consumer adoption of our new mobile app.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Duties & responsibilities
- The successful candidate will:
- Develop, implement, manage, and optimize our B2B and B2C marketing and social-media strategies.
- Use research, benchmarking, and accurate audience identification to create persuasive messaging.
- Create, track, and analyze statistical reports to better understand online traffic, demographics, and communications effectiveness; use that info to help grow our business.
- Help our crisis-management team respond to negative consumer reviews and/or media communications.
- Stay current with the latest social-media technologies, tools, and best practices and technologies.
- Use social media to develop a strong communications network with industry pros and media influencers.
- Collaborate with other SMS/NewRez teams to manage our reputation and increase our social-media influence.
- Help and support our Business Communications team as needed.
- Take part in continuous, on-site, free training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
- Consistently represent SMS in a positive and professional manner.
Skills & abilities
- The successful candidate needs:
- English fluency.
- Outstanding written and visual communication skills, with a portfolio of high-quality work samples.
- A clear understanding of how to effectively use social media in B2B and B2C marketing.
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and other social-media platforms.
- Experience in tracking, analyzing, and understanding social-media metrics.
- The flexibility and adaptability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders; a team player.
- The ability to assimilate and implement new ideas; a fast-learning multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.).
- A solid understanding of ergonomic information-design principles (print, web, e-mail, and direct mail).
- An organized mindset, with strong skills in critical thinking and problem-solving.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- At least 3 years’ experience as a manager of B2B and B2C communications, marketing, or social media.
- Familiarity with mortgage-related terminology, practices, and processes (preferred, but not required).
- Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) to use for vacation and sick days.
- 10 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Convenient, company-paid downtown parking.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
- Advancement opportunities.
- A community-minded, family-friendly corporate culture.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190610033840_OJRQWZHBCCDRBTAQ