Mortgage Insurance Claims Specialist (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Mortgage Insurance Claims Specialist will be responsible for performing various tasks of the post-sale Claims Team. This includes taking direction from the Claims Supervisor for the post-sale functions such as property preservation updates, eviction updates, conveyance of title, title delivery, and adherence to GSE (Freddie and Fannie) servicing requirements during the reimbursement timeframe. This position is responsible for filing MI, investor, and/or government claims timely and accurately, proving all back-up documents as required for each type of claim. The required loan documents, servicing and prior servicing will be part of the reconciliation and submitting these documents to the agencies for a perfected claim.
Perform post sale servicing functions as required by the guidelines for MI, Investor, HUD, VA, USDA
Keep servicing updates on the post-sale functions that will allow us to complete our claims within the required guidelines
eviction, property preservation, conveyance of title, title approval, Maintenance of HOA, Taxes and Hazard Insurance
Minimizes loss by claiming all the items required per guidelines
Knowing the time-management for when the claims need to be completed by for MI, Investor, HUD, VA, USDA guidelines
Reconciliation of claims proceeds and filing supplemental claims as needed as well as tracking the deferments
Data accuracy to know if there is a loss towards the company
Work independently on reviewing titles when the government agencies advise there is an issue and title is not clear
Makes calls to agencies to see why a claim has not been paid, work with the agencies on missing loan documents
Knowing origination documentation, servicing documentation (foreclosure, bankruptcy, REO ), etc
Minimum 1+ years of Claims filing
Default-related experience is preferred
Mortgage servicing experience
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
CMAX Claim System
Familiar with GSE Claims and Guidelines
Communicating with the agencies
High School Diploma required.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.