Mortgage Insurance Claims Supervisor
MORTGAGE INSURANCE CLAIMS SUPERVISOR
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Mortgage Insurance Claims Supervisor will be responsible for performing various tasks as a part of the post-sale Claims Team. This includes taking direction from the Claims Manager for claims related post-sale functions such as property preservation updates, eviction updates, conveyance of title, title delivery, compilation of required documentation, and adherence to GSE (Freddie and Fannie)servicing requirements during the reimbursement timeframe. This position is responsible for filing MI, investor, and/or government claims timely and accurately, providing all back-up documents as required for each type of claim, and responding appropriately to inquiries and requests from both internal and external sources. The supervisor will also be expected to provide guidance and support to the claims team specialists as needed.
- Review and maintain timelines for claim due dates and other claim related deliverables
- Perform a forensic review of servicing from date of default to claim filing to determine key data elements and claimable expenses
- Review all servicing notes, monthly servicing reporting, timelines, supporting document, and claims detail to ensure all documentation is accurate and sufficient
- Monitor and communicate servicing updates as required to maintain claim eligibility and adherence to guidelines.
- Perform post sale servicing functions as required by the guidelines for MI, Investor, and HUD/VA/USDA including responding accurately and timely to requests for information and documentation
- Minimize loss by claiming all the eligible items required per guidelines
- Reconcile claims proceeds and file supplemental claims as needed, and track deferments
- Work independently on reviewing title when the government agencies advise there is an issue and title is not clear
- Default-related mortgage servicing experience is required
- Minimum 2+ years of claims filing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of FHA/VA/USDA default servicing guidelines required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including, Outlook, Word and Excel
- CMAX Claim System experience required
- Familiar with GSE and government loan servicing guidelines
- Knowledge of sound risk management practices for mortgage servicing functions
- Experience reviewing processes, reports, and/or documents with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem resolution and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-motivated with ability to work under timelines without direct supervision
- Ability to lead and direct staff
- High School Diploma required.
- College degree preferred but not required