Mortgage Insurance Specialist
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Mortgage Insurance (MI) Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of records on mortgaged properties and accurate and timely payment of MI premiums on escrow. MI Specialist monitors and process MI cancellation request both auto and borrower requested. MI Specialist processes mail, faxes, and emails pertaining to current bills and researches issues for customers.
- Analyzes escrow sufficiency to make sure escrowed funds are sufficient to make required payments
- Update MI lines on the system of record in order to maintain accurate records
- Complete and maintain monthly carrier audits.
- Execute payments for MI Premiums in batch single processing modes by the installment due dates for each carrier.
- Order and evaluate appraisals when appropriate
- Update action & follow up in all appropriate systems.
- Weekly reporting to management
- Ensures accounts are properly documented with accurate and comprehensive status updates.
- Follows established company guidelines, department policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all investor requirements.
- Responsible for timely processing of activities and responsiveness of alerts to ensure MI timely cancellations are met.
- Ability to research and comprehend state laws and regulations.
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication, and follow up skills as well as a strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to multi-task and well organized.
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190812191422_VRWRBJEHX3FT4ZNT