Mortgage Insurance Supervisor
MORTGAGE INSURANCE SUPERVISOR
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Mortgage Insurance Supervisor directs the day to day operations of the Private and Government insured functions within the Loan Administration Department. This includes responsibility for the timely payments of monthly and annual premiums; as well as, ensuring loan level data is accurately maintained. Perform all duties in accordance with the company guidelines, applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Oversees execution of payments for PMI, FHA, and USDA premiums.
- Responsible for the review of daily funding requests and reconciliation.
- Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
- Execute and maintain reports for external clients.
- Perform ad hoc queries as necessary with management approval.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for all team functions.
- Develop team goals and meet with associates monthly to discuss progress on goals, workflow performance, and ensure adherence to department expectations.
- Monitor staffing, hiring, coaching, and personnel management, ensuring productive and accurate execution of all team functions.
- Process requests received from management, clients, or other departments.
- Monitor work volumes and adjust work types or production to meet department needs
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3+ years residential mortgage loan servicing experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience managing a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible to changing priorities, project scopes, and deadlines at any given time.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent communication (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively and accurately communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to make sound decisions based upon department, company policies, procedures, knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of SQL (Preferred).
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent mortgage experience