Mortgage Loan Processor (Temporarily remote)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage (NewRez - Sister company) Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
This is a great opportunity! NOW is the time to join our GROWING team!
IT’S YOUR FUTURE. EXPECT MORE!
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1stanniversary!
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Casual Workplace
- Employee Engagement Activities
- Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
- Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance!
The focus of this position is to offer superior customer service to our borrowers! As a mortgage processor you will have the opportunity to collaborate with internal teams and ensure business is conducted properly!
- Communicating effectively with underwriting and Mortgage Consultants to understand the financial situation of the borrower
- Calculating income and reviewing tax returns
- Working with Government (FHA, USDA, VA) and Conventional loans
- Processing both refinance and purchase loans
- Responsible to meet daily, weekly, and monthly production goals.
- Effectively communicating with mortgage consultants to coordinate the approval process
- Responsible for applying professional experience and skills to ensure proper compliance and adhere to industry regulations and standards
- Consistent follow up with borrowers regarding loan status, over the top customer service!
- Professional communication skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience within Direct to consumer processing
- Experience with processing a pipeline of 25+ loans per month
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Solid understanding of the economics related to the origination, sale, and servicing of residential mortgage loans
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills