Operational Controls Analyst (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Operational Controls Analyst is responsible for executing the Company’s key risk programs that ensure it is in compliance with company policies, procedures, and all applicable laws, rules, regulations. Compliance regulations include agency and investor requirements, that may include reviewing and researching loan files.
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Reports which track and monitor material, moderate, and recurring exceptions identified during the reviews.
- Deliver feedback on any necessary revisions/updates to policies and procedures.
- Gather LOB requirements, develop standard test scripts within internal systems, and UAT, as applicable.
- Manage monthly vendor scorecard oversight.
- Effectively present information/respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and public.
- Conduct reviews on loans requested by investors, agencies, insurers, or warehouse lenders.
- Analyze results from loan reviews and identify trends, either in loan quality or personnel.
- Escalate any loan concerns to management and provide all necessary justification/documentation.
- Serve as occasional delegate to more senior members of the team.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- 3+ years experience in mortgage servcing
- Prior experience with various mortgage operations applications.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Strong Microsoft Office skills to include MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong working knowledge of SQL/data systems, and mortgage servicing systems.
- Knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA and FHLMC policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan processing, compliance, investor products or loan servicing
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize tasks and responsibilities, effective time management.
- Strong analytical skills: effective decision-making skills with the ability to appropriately exercise independent judgment and escalate quickly where needed.
- Strong quality orientation with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively function as a member of the Business Controls Team.
- Accountability; strong work ethic.
- Integrity, ability to maintain and work with confidential information.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.