Outbound Communications Specialist III
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Outbound Communications Specialist III is responsible for collaborating with various departments to create and review statements, letters, and notices for quality and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with Compliance, Legal, Bankruptcy, and other departments to create and review statements, letters, and notices for quality and compliance in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law, any applicable regulatory body, investor guidelines, company policy, and borrower experience standards. Consult with or provide expert advice to management of various lines of business when creating new letters, notices, and statements. This mainly applies to providing guidance on letter trigger and exclusionary criteria, which would determine when important business letters are sent.
Create formal statements, letters, and notices sent to borrowers and third parties such as attorneys, investors, regulators, etc. Create and overseeing the accurate and timely production of regulatory notices that carry a financial risk to the company if not produced as expected.
- Collaborate with print vendors to ensure letters are programmed timely and accurately, establish test plans, conduct proper testing and release to production. In some cases, the Specialist III has authorization to deviate from some of the established procedures (e.g., bypass certain steps of the letter production process may be required in order to meet a regulatory deadline and ensure that notices are sent timely.
- Conduct periodic and targeted quality assurance review of business letters.
- Letter Change Request Tool maintenance - ensure all required approvals are obtained, process steps are followed correctly and fully documented.
- Respond to internal and external quality assurance and audit inquiries, collaborate with Default Quality Manager, Compliance, Legal, and other departments, where applicable, within the enterprise to determine root causes for issues identified during the analysis, provide recommended solutions, and develop remediation activities.
- Participate in special projects related to departmental activities.
- Letter Library maintenance - ensure that letter logic is properly documented, correct version of all active templates is present, and a recent version of production samples is available.
- Create procedure documents, workflows, and job aids, when needed.
- Participate in the daily letter production and image transmission reconciliation process.
- Participate in the daily letter review process (error and exception reports.
- Provide support to various lines of business, ensuring that time-sensitive notices are created and mailed timely when requested.
- Respond to remediation requests and oversee its resolution. Respond to remediation plans initiated by internal quality control teams as well as third parties such as investors and regulatory bodies. Responsible for the investigation and the resolution of letter related issues.
- Represent the department in company and third-party meetings with the ability to present to senior leadership. Represent the company in handling letter related complaints, presenting departmental changes to other lines of business, representing the department, and providing process overview to third parties, responding to other related issues and inquiries.
- Facilitate special training when necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of mortgage experience required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GSE guidelines are preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Ability to write and format professional business letters
- Excellent written communication skills (grammar, spelling, and punctuation)
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Visio
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with frontline associates, management, executives, clients, and investors
- Experience analyzing complex processes and non-linear correlative data for all supported business units
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong research ability, understanding complex, multi-level, multi-source information
- Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Excellent follow-up skills, and the ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining highest quality performance
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R3977