Payment Processor Supervisor
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Supervisor of Payment Processing will assist the Senior Manager of Payment Processing with payment processing functions, cash reconciliations and exceptions handling for Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing.
Manage workflow in department to ensure timely posting of all loans in Greenville, returned items, and exceptions
Individual and departmental performance reporting including side-by-side coaching as necessary.
Ensure proper controls are in place to successfully pass all audits.
Research and resolve suspense liability and exceptions meeting departmental standards.
Act as a liaison with retail lockbox ensuring that daily transmissions are received and processed.
Assist Finance with monthly cash reconciliations.
Generate daily, weekly, or monthly payment activity reports to ensure that data is complete and accurate.
Serve as an expert on payment activity for all servicing systems.
Encourage growth of direct and indirect reports.
Ensure that the needs of the various business lines are being met.
Periodic review of procedures to identify process improvement opportunities.
Assist Business Analyst with system requirements and testing for changes/upgrades to existing or new systems.
Process payments across the organization.
Assist Compliance and Finance with Treasury related information required for state and GSE annual license requirements
5+ years progressively responsible experience in related field including management of 1-2 direct reports (supervisors) and 3-4 indirect reports (payment processors).
Proficient in MS Office with advanced MS Excel and MS Access skills required; SQL Transact query experience a plus.
Proven ability to meet deadlines for multiple tasks simultaneously.
Excellent organizational skills and very high attention to detail.
Demonstrated ability to comprehend multiple servicing systems.
Knowledge of creating and implementing policies, procedures and guidelines.
Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
High School Diploma required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.