Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Processes payments, adjustments and reversals in multiple systems. Works with other departments to research and resolve account related issues. Researches and resolves credit balances.
- Manages and posts electronic payment files from various sources, sellers, and previous servicers.
- Processes Loan Modification files.
- Drafts letters to customer regarding payments received on credit balance accounts.
- Contacts Sellers, Attorneys, etc. regarding payment files and payments.
- Researches and resolves credit balances for all account types for all servicing systems and provide backup describing why refund is due.
- Researches and resolves account related questions for multiple systems.
- Processes NSFs, Stop Payments, etc. in FTM.
- Researches and resolves exceptions in FTM.
- Processes unapplied jobs daily for secured and unsecured in Servicing Director.
- Processes payoffs.
- Researches and processes escrow surplus and overpayments on mortgage accounts.
- Researches and resolves issues for Payment Processor Inbox and 125 Inbox. Pulls reports from Money Gram and Western Union.
- Researches bankruptcy information and payments; completes interest adjustments as appropriate.
- Works with Foreclosure, Loan Servicing, etc. regarding payment issues (post, return, etc.).
- Create files and post payments and reversals in Servicing Director.
- Creates refund file and verifies validity of refunds; submits to Accounting for cutting of checks.
- Generates manual check requests, wire and ACH requests for urgent refunds.
- Drafts letters, add notes to accounts and verifies back up paperwork for refunds.
- Work task list timely.
- Receives and posts wires and ach payments in Servicing Director.
- Associates Degree or higher and/or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge/ability to work in Servicing Director and lockbox exception queue.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to manage work in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Access and SQL.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190918024556_QC0KAXQR3SPWMNC9