Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Processes payments, adjustments and reversals in multiple systems. Works with other departments to research and resolve account related issues. Researches and resolves credit balances. (This position is on-site in Greenville, SC and cannot be done remotely).
This role has been deemed an essential onsite position which will require certification that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved valid religious or medical accommodation.
Manages and posts electronic payment files from various sources, sellers, and previous servicers.
Processes Loan Modification files.
Drafts letters to customer regarding payments received on credit balance accounts.
Contacts Sellers, Attorneys, etc. regarding payment files and payments.
Researches and resolves credit balances for all account types for all servicing systems and provide backup describing why refund is due.
Researches and resolves account related questions for multiple systems.
Processes NSFs, Stop Payments, etc. in FTM.
Researches and resolves exceptions in FTM.
Processes unapplied jobs daily for secured and unsecured in Servicing Director.
Researches and processes escrow surplus and overpayments on mortgage accounts.
Researches and resolves issues for Payment Processor Inbox and 125 Inbox. Pulls reports from Money Gram and Western Union.
Researches bankruptcy information and payments; completes interest adjustments as appropriate.
Works with Foreclosure, Loan Servicing, etc. regarding payment issues (post, return, etc.).
Create files and post payments and reversals in Servicing Director.
Creates refund file and verifies validity of refunds; submits to Accounting for cutting of checks.
Generates manual check requests, wire and ACH requests for urgent refunds.
Drafts letters, add notes to accounts and verifies back up paperwork for refunds.
Work task list timely.
Receives and posts wires and ach payments in Servicing Director.
This position requires some over-time and is in office (remote work for this position is not available).
Associates Degree or higher and/or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge/ability to work in Servicing Director and lockbox exception queue.
Ability to make decisions independently.
High attention to detail.
Ability to manage work in order to meet multiple deadlines.
Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Access and SQL.
Strong oral and written communication.
Strong problem solving skills.
High School Diploma required.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.