Attorney Network Coordinator I
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Performance Coordinator II collaborates with external attorney’s and all department personnel within the enterprise to identify accounts eligible for default programs across all states and see to the timeline management of foreclosure activities for those accounts - working both with attorney’s and timeline managers to ensure that appropriate steps are followed without delay. The Coordinator must be a reliable point of contact for the foreclosure and bankruptcy law firms. Must track and document legal updates as provided by our legal vendors. Additional duties may involve research and response to audits, repurchase requests, and hands-on support for the timeline managers for their accounts. This individual will work with frontline associates, leadership, and clients to ensure all applicable programs are identified, implemented, and maintained.
The Performance Coordinator II is also responsible for continuous monitoring and management of firm performance via their scorecard, performance calls, and escalation resolution as needed.
- Identify all available special state-level programs for all eligible accounts under management.
- Design new processes with written policies and procedures and see to their implementation across the department.
- Determine populations of accounts approaching or exceeding any state statute of limitation for foreclosure, and see to the required process adjustment necessary alleviate this condition according to any applicable state law.
- Determine populations of accounts eligible for any FastTrack program and see to required process adjustment to allow the account to proceed with the special program.
- Perform internal QC Checks to ensure special processes for FastTrack foreclosures and statute of limitations programs are implemented correctly.
- Develop and maintain reporting to monitor the status for all special foreclosure programs.
- Collaborate with all departments within the enterprise to determine root causes for any issues identified during coordination of special programs, provide recommended solutions, and develop remediation activities.
- Ensure that all procedures are executed in accordance with investor guidelines.
- Track progress of remediation activity and report successes and opportunities to appropriate entities.
- Review, research, and respond timely and accurately to investor inquiries.
- Develop and maintain reports in Excel, Visio, and SharePoint which concisely and effectively communicate complex concepts based on data from multiple sources.
- Assist in Attorney Network Management processes as required.
- Undertake special projects related to departmental activities and perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows established company guidelines to increase revenue and reduce losses.
- Assists in the generation, delivery and review of monthly performance scorecards to all firms in the Attorney Network.
- Reviews and files scorecard rebuttals from the firms in the Attorney Network in the appropriate folders. Also assists Attorney Network Manager with responses to the appeals.
- Assists the Attorney Network Manager with the onboarding and termination of firms as necessary.
- Assist the Attorney Network Manager in handling attorney/vendor level issues escalated to the department either internally or externally.
- Schedule meetings with attorney/vendors to communicate policy and to compel the firm to follow processes compliant with policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- 4+ year (s) of direct FC/BK or mortgage servicing related experience
- Previous experience in the legal field or with a law firm desired
- Advanced project management skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Must have strong communication skills; strong analytical skills; and strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be effective in multi-tasking and be goal oriented.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and be able to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Equivalent experience will be considered.