Performing Loan Consultant I
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Performing Loan Consultant is responsible for providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced call center. The Performing Loan Consultant will handle inbound customer service related calls, as well as, contact homeowners across the country to collect past-due mortgage payments, identify their issues, and develop practical payment solutions that help them get current in their mortgage payments.
Our Performing Loan Consultant team is the face of our organization, and we are interested in hiring individuals that are fully committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Demonstrate positivity, courtesy, and helpfulness when dealing with every homeowner.
Use a blend of manual and automated calling strategies to locate past due homeowners, contact them, identify their issues, and set up customized payment strategies that cure their delinquencies.
Develop workable payment solutions that satisfy both our clients/investors and our company.
Handling inbound Customer Service calls, assisting with an assortment of questions from website assistance, escrow to processing payoffs.
Process homeowners’ mortgage payments.
Offer and refer eligible homeowners for refinancing opportunities to the Originations department
Arrive at work on-time for all shifts. Reliable transportation to work or comply with requirements for remote work policy.
Achieve company performance goals.
Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Consistently represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
College degree preferred, High-school diploma (or equivalent) required.
Over 1 year of collections experience (preferred, but not required).
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
Outstanding negotiation and telephone communication skills.
Familiarity with Internet-based search techniques (including the use of skip-tracing solutions).
The ability to maintain professional conduct with people of any mood or personality type.
Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
The ability to safeguard confidential customer and company information.
A solid work ethic, high integrity, a positive attitude, and strong attention to detail.
The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
Excellent keyboard skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Spanish or bilingual is a plus.
Sales experience a plus
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.