Portfolio Management Specialist
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The individual selected for the job will begin their career by learning about the mortgage industry and acquiring a deep working knowledge of our business processes through a structured orientation and mentoring program with senior member of the Portfolio Management team. The individual will also leverage creative talents, excellent communication skills, analytical and project management skills to:
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while participating and contributing to the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
- Examine periodic internal and external client reporting and analyze for observations.
- Manage the Portfolio Management mailbox and be able to respond to basic questions.
- Assist the Portfolio Management Team with assimilating new third party clients.
- Be accountable for key portfolio processes using judgment and discretion to investigate and resolve any key issues that may arise.
- Be accountable for key operational risk-management metrics including investigating and coordinating the resolution of any operational issues that are discovered.
- Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including 3rd party clients, production staff and senior management.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Moderate skills in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas).
- Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Visio a plus.
- Natural entrepreneurial interest is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or at least 2 years equivalent work experience in Mortgage Servicing or a client servicing function.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190617043014_XQEM0NPTTY3EOLPG