Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The individual selected for the job will be responsible for client relationship management within the mortgage department. The individual will leverage excellent communication skills, creative talents, project management and analytical skills to:
- Serve as the key, empowered single point of contact for a dedicated group of 3rd party mortgage clients.
- Take responsibility for the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies and client campaigns that affect current operating practices and company policy.
- Be accountable for key operational risk-management metrics including investigating and coordinating the resolution of any operational issues that are discovered.
- Manage the delegated authority request process for a dedicated group of clients to ensure requests are sent to and received from clients in a timely manner.
- Assist the Portfolio Management Team with assimilating new third party clients.
- Be accountable for key portfolio processes using judgment and discretion to investigate and resolve any key issues that may arise.
- Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the production staff and senior management.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail coupled with organizational and project management skills.
- Strong skills in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas).
- Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with SQL is a plus.
- Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Visio is a plus.
- Natural entrepreneurial interest is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline and at least 3 years equivalent work experience in Mortgage Servicing, preferably in a client facing function.
- Candidates without a Bachelor’s Degree but with extensive work experience will also be considered.