Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The individual selected for the job will be responsible for client relationship management within the mortgage department. The individual will leverage excellent communication skills, creative talents, project management and analytical skills to:
Serve as the key, empowered single point of contact for a dedicated client. Including ensuring all client correspondence is responded to within 24 hours. Proactive portfolio performance management.
Take responsibility for the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies and client campaigns that affect current operating practices and company policy.
Be accountable for key operational risk-management metrics including investigating and coordinating the resolution of any operational issues that are discovered as well as project management from root cause analysis to final solution.
Manage the delegated authority request process for a dedicated group of clients to ensure requests are sent to and received from clients in a timely manner.
Assist the Portfolio Management Team with assimilating new third party clients.
Be accountable for key portfolio processes using judgment and discretion to investigate and resolve any key issues that may arise and reduce corporate exposure and monetary risk.
Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the production staff and senior management.
Prior GSE experience and knowledge is required.
Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
Strong attention to detail coupled with organizational and project management skills.
Strong skills in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas).
Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Prior experience with compensatory fees and invoice accounting is preferred.
Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
Experience with PowerPoint and Visio is a plus.
Natural entrepreneurial interest is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline and at least 3 years equivalent work experience in Mortgage Servicing, preferably in a client facing function.
Candidates without a Bachelor’s Degree but with extensive work experience will also be considered.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R1970