Project Manager (Information Technology)
Do you enjoy providing excellent service and building strong team member relationships? We need energetic and caring professionals to join our Application Development team in support of a rapidly growing company. Successful candidates will have opportunities to participate in challenging work with knowledgeable business partners and likeminded co-workers. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, well-spoken people who are success-minded, reliable, and flexible.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for leading the planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing of assigned projects.
- Be accountable for the project scope, project team, resources and the success or failure of the project.
- Provide updates to management and key stakeholders regarding the status and plans on the project as required.
- Contribute and participate in achieving company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
- Demonstrates experience in a variety of the field's concepts and practices such as:
- Communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Strategic and business mindset
- Team building
- Conflict management/resolution
- Calmness under stress, pressure or ambiguity
- Outstanding facilitation skills
- Comfortable working with senior leadership
- Fully understands various software development lifecycles and possesses actual experience with real world application of differing project management approaches.
- A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
Education & experience
- PMP certification highly desired.
- 8+ years' experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with agile methodologies a plus.
- Experience with JIRA as a project lifecycle management and defect tracking tool.
- PTO (paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Up to 10% travel to other company locations for projects, training, etc. may be needed periodically.