Project Manager- Performance Management and Operational Control
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
This Individual will be tasked with isolating areas of potential process inefficiencies and initiating/managing remediation projects. The management of these projects will include, but is not limited to; diagnosing process gaps, providing procedural improvement recommendations, tracking the current and targeted error rate, providing updated managerial reporting, and finalizing the handoff of the process and reporting to the respective business unit. In addition, this individual will own KPI reporting and performance management for the various operational units.
- Owns the KPI reporting and measurements for the Monthly Operations Deck
- Responsible for the management of various projects as assigned by the Remediation Counsel and the Vice President of Portfolio Management
- Tasked with understanding key processes for Performing and Specialty Servicing
- Individual to work daily with the PMOC Analyst to measure and monitor current error rates for selected remediation projects
- Individual will be responsible for rectifying current process gaps among various processes and providing reporting to ensure the appropriate changes are managed and monitored post project closing
- Will work collaboratively with various department leaders on key performance directives as indicated by the remediation counsel
- Will track the success and failure rate of previously closed projects and provide summary statistics on the corresponding error % postmortem
- Associate will prioritize and present open projects and remediations to executive team on a monthly basis
- Ensures that preventives actions from remediations are carried out using process improvement principles such as Lean Six Sigma and or The SMS Problem Solving Tool
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Amendable to changes in priority, project scope, and deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Package, specifically Visio and Excel
- Able to work independently and with little direct guidance
- Analytical and the ability to Design Processes
- Advanced project management skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of process improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent in experience will be considered.