Property Preservation Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Under moderate, supervision the Property Preservation Specialist I will be responsible for the preservation and protection of assigned assets from delinquency/vacancy to foreclosure sale. The Property Preservation Specialist I will accomplish these tasks through established national vendors utilizing tools such as Vendor Web Portals, the Property Preservation Tool developed by Shellpoint, as well as Job Aids compiled to meet best practice.
- Responsible for all aspect of property preservation on pre-foreclosure assets assigned.
- Review bids and damages provided by preservation vendors and react accordingly.
- Monitor HOA/code violations through to cure.
- Proactively recognize possible municipal or HOA violations and work to avoid.
- Holds preservation vendors accountable for quality of work and manages timelines.
- Ensures vacant properties are winterized, secured, and lawn is maintained.
- Ensures the most up to date condition/occupancy data is available in servicing system.
- Work daily shifts in group email box and OnBase queue.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director, Manager, Supervisor or Team Lead.
- Contributes to the on-going improvement of the Collateral Management department through sharing ideas team and leadership.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Minimum two years experience in the preservation, REO, or property maintenance field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and very comfortable working on a PC.
- Type a minimum of 45 words per minute on a keyboard.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Works well in a fast paced, high pressure environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in late stage mortgage collections, including handling modifications, short sales, and Deeds In lieu of Foreclosure is a plus.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190814215014_UEF4JIDQ8IKBA6CJ