Property Preservation Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Under moderate, supervision the Property Preservation Specialist I will be responsible for the preservation and protection of assigned assets from delinquency/vacancy to foreclosure sale. The Property Preservation Specialist I will accomplish these tasks through established national vendors utilizing tools such as Vendor Web Portals, the Property Preservation Tool developed by Shellpoint, as well as Job Aids compiled to meet best practice.
Responsible for all aspect of property preservation on pre-foreclosure assets assigned.
Review bids and damages provided by preservation vendors and react accordingly.
Monitor HOA/code violations through to cure.
Proactively recognize possible municipal or HOA violations and work to avoid.
Holds preservation vendors accountable for quality of work and manages timelines.
Ensures vacant properties are winterized, secured, and lawn is maintained.
Ensures the most up to date condition/occupancy data is available in servicing system.
Work daily shifts in group email box and OnBase queue.
Performs other duties as assigned by Director, Manager, Supervisor or Team Lead.
Contributes to the on-going improvement of the Collateral Management department through sharing ideas team and leadership.
Complies with company policies and procedures.
Minimum two years experience in the preservation, REO, or property maintenance field.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and very comfortable working on a PC.
Type a minimum of 45 words per minute on a keyboard.
Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational abilities.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Works well in a fast paced, high pressure environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Experience in late stage mortgage collections, including handling modifications, short sales, and Deeds In lieu of Foreclosure is a plus.
High School Diploma required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.