Quality Assurance (QA) Client Coordinator
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Loan Administration Client Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and evaluating client specific audits presented to Loan Administration, administering the QA program established for management of all control reporting, facilitating all investor-required audit reporting, administering data inputs for bonus compensation programs tied to objective measures, and completing scorecard programs as assigned, for vendors as well as associates and teams. The QA Specialist will also have responsibility for updating department P&Ps and helping to create and maintain department training materials and desktop procedures.
- Receive and track all audits that come to the Loan Administration Department, recording them in an audit log, assigning all deliverables to the right people, and following up with those people to ensure timely delivery of the audit items on or before the audit deadline.
- Ensure timely delivery of any monthly reporting, routing them to the appropriate parties as needed.
- Participate in client calls and visits
- Ensure the timely response to client escalations and concerns
- Coordinate requests between clients and vendors in a timely fashion
- Work with all departments as the SME to ensure policies and procedures are aligned with internal and external requirements
- Evaluate audit deliverables against the audit requirements to ensure professional presentation, clarity of identification of the support being provided, and completion of the items being audited, ensuring no items required are missing.
- Utilizing control reporting provided by the Loan Administration Analyst, ensure reporting of any out of standard items from the Loan Administration Control Log that exceed the indicated TATs input into each report.
- Administer all investor-required audit self-reporting programs, ensuring accuracy of the data requested and timely remittance to the appropriate parties as directed.
- Work with department managers and SMEs to create and maintain department training materials and desktop procedures, utilizing process workflows and other graphics as required to best facilitate the presentation of the material.
- Weekly reporting to management
- All other duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of the Loan Administration Department, its various sub-groups, and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- Property and Flood Insurance experience preferred, not required.
- Deadline-driven and highly organized/responsive. Able to drive for results while forging a collaborative working relationship with all necessary business partners, internal as well as vendor-based.
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail a must.
- Ability to research and comprehend state laws and regulations.
- Short learning curve to assimilate new skills and tasks.
- Superior written and verbal communication, and follow up skills as well as a strong sense of accountability. Technical writing experience helpful.
- Ability to multi-task and well organized.
- Microsoft Office, Visio and PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a business-related field, or commensurate business experience.