Quality Assurance Specialist I
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
This position provides quality assurance reviews, conduct process audits and provides risk identification for the functions performed within Shellpoint. The auditor will work closely with the functional area managers to provide preventative and detective measures that increase the overall compliance of Shellpoint.
- Assist in identifying operational risks and escalating issues to management
- Review of populations for audits and review populations prior to providing to ensure populations are accurate
- Recommend procedural changes and/or policy updates
- Research and review accounts, items, or processes selected for audit
- Quality Assurance liaison with functional areas
- Use audit tool, project spreadsheets and databases to maintain detailed audit records
- Review and assist with generation of error reports
- Complete monthly workflow audits
- Monitor and make recommendations for smoke detector reports
- Undertake special projects related to departmental activities and perform other duties as assigned
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to effectively interact with managers and members of the functional areas
- Excellent work ethic with a self-motivated work style and a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and able to meet timelines
- Above average skills in quality and production rates
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Knowledge of Cadet/Pacer, ILS, NDC, and LPS/Black Knight.
- Relevant Bankruptcy experience in mortgage banking or servicing
- College degree preferred or a combination of some college and relevant experience.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.