Quality Assurance Specialist II (onsite)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Quality Assurance Specialist II is responsible for providing quality control, audit oversight and risk identification for the functions performed within Servicing. The auditor will work closely with the functional area managers.
- Assist in identifying operational risks and escalating issues to management.
- Recommend procedural changes and/or policy updates.
- Research and review accounts, items, or processes selected for audit.
- Quality Assurance liaison with functional areas
- Use spreadsheets and databases to maintain detailed audit records.
- Assist with generation of error reports.
- Complete monthly workflow audits
- Monitor and make recommendations for smoke detector reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- College degree preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to effectively interact with managers and members of the functional areas including but not limited to Secured and Unsecured Bankruptcy.
- A self-motivated work style and a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet timelines.
- Knowledge of BKS, PACER, NDC, ILS, DMS
- Extensive knowledge of secured and unsecured Bankruptcy
- Extensive knowledge of Insurance and Foreclosure.
- Above average skills in quality and production rates
- Average MS Excel skills are required.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R4738