Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Recovery Assistant assists the Recovery Department by preparing and sending correspondence, required notices, and requested documents to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare and send written correspondence to customers accurately and timely.
Manage department email inboxes and fax servers.
Image various documents, including customer correspondence, short sale and settlement packages.
Manage Correspondence received from customers and third parties, by ensuring communication is forwarded to the appropriate parties for handling.
Manage exception reports to ensure required letters and notices are sent within required timeframes.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
1 to 2 years business/administrative support experience
Knowledge of mortgage collections/servicing processes
High school diploma required.
Skills and abilities:
Superior written and verbal communication, follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability a must
Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
Superior organizational skills needed
Ability to use cognitive skills to determine resolutions to customer inquiries
Computer proficient with various MS Office applications and efficient typing skills
Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed
Ability to maintain confidential information
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.