Recovery Collections Specialist (Temporarily Will Be Working From Home)
Who We Are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Do you enjoy negotiating, solving problems, and providing excellent customer service? We need enthusiastic and success-driven telephone professionals to join our Recovery Collections team. If selected, you’ll work in our fast-paced call center, locating and contacting homeowners across the country to collect 90+ days past-due mortgage payments. We are a growing company who likes to reward our top performers with advancement opportunities and a lucrative bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive and well-spoken yet compassionate negotiators who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented.
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Monday - Thursday
- 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM Friday
Essential Functions/Specific Duties
- Manage your individual portfolio.
- Pursue solutions to resolve post charge-off and deficiency balance accounts
- Re-establish and maintain communication with customers to minimize company loss.
- Build and cultivate relationships with the borrowers to help them find ways to make meeting their obligations possible according to the company’s standard.
- Negotiate payoffs, settlements and payment programs according to company guidelines.
- Utilize all available skip tracing tools to locate our borrowers whose current contact information is inaccurate.
- Achieve various numeric standards and goals for servicing accounts without sacrificing quality of service while adhering to state and federal (FDCPA/CFPB) guidelines and consistently representing the Company in a professional manner.
- Education: High School education or greater preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years collection experience Preferred, with post charge off and/or deficiency balance collections experience a plus.
- Skills: Ability to achieve set goals, meets deadlines, and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Knowledge of collection laws and processes
- Persuasive and professional communication skills
- Strong numeric aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills
- Detailed self-starter who is motivated and organized
- Lucrative monthly performance based bonus
- Advancement Opportunities
- Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off)
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- 401k matching program.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.