Recovery Collections Specialist
Who We Are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ defaulted mortgage payments and help homeowners in default resolve their debt.
Do you enjoy negotiating, solving problems, and providing excellent customer service? We need enthusiastic and success-driven telephone professionals to join our Recovery Collections team. If selected, you’ll be part of a growing professional team, locating and contacting homeowners across the country to collect on charged off secured and unsecured mortgage debt. We are a growing company who likes to reward our top performers with advancement opportunities and a lucrative bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive and well-spoken yet compassionate negotiators who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented.
Current shift: TEMPORARILY REMOTE 7:00AM-4:00PM Monday-Friday
Future shift once back in Tempe, AZ office: 10:00AM- 7:00PM Monday-Thursday 7:00AM-4:00PM Friday
Essential Functions/Specific Duties
- Manage your individual portfolio.
- Pursue solutions to resolve post charge-off and deficiency balance accounts.
- Re-establish and maintain communication with customers to minimize company loss.
- Build and cultivate relationships with the borrowers to help them find ways to make meeting their obligations possible according to the company’s standard.
- Negotiate payoffs, settlements and payment programs according to company guidelines.
- Utilize all available skip tracing tools to locate our borrowers whose current contact information is inaccurate.
- Achieve various numeric standards and goals for servicing accounts without sacrificing quality of service while adhering to state and federal (FDCPA/CFPB) guidelines and consistently representing the Company in a professional manner.
- Education: High School education required, greater preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years collection experience preferred, with post charge off and/or deficiency balance collections experience a plus.
- Skills: Ability to achieve set goals, meets deadlines, and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Knowledge of collection laws and processes
- Persuasive and professional communication skills
- Strong numeric aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills
- Detailed self-starter who is motivated and organized
- Initial 6-month guarantee of $500.00/per month on top of your base hourly rate. Can be adjusted to more if exceeding standards.
- Lucrative monthly incentive plan with earning potential of up to $7,800.00 in monthly bonuses.
- Advancement Opportunities
- Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off)
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- 401k matching program.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.