Recovery Collections Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Do you enjoy negotiating, solving problems, and providing excellent customer service? We need enthusiastic and success-driven telephone professionals to join our Recovery Collections team. If selected, you’ll be part of a growing professional team, locating and contacting homeowners across the country to collect on charged off secured and unsecured mortgage debt. We are a growing company who likes to reward our top performers with advancement opportunities and a lucrative bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive and well-spoken yet compassionate negotiators who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties
Manage your individual portfolio.
Pursue solutions to resolve post charge-off and deficiency balance accounts.
Re-establish and maintain communication with customers to minimize company loss.
Build and cultivate relationships with the borrowers to help them find ways to make meeting their obligations possible according to the company’s standard.
Negotiate payoffs, settlements and payment programs according to company guidelines.
Utilize all available skip tracing tools to locate our borrowers whose current contact information is inaccurate.
Achieve various numeric standards and goals for servicing accounts without sacrificing quality of service while adhering to state and federal (FDCPA/CFPB) guidelines and consistently representing the Company in a professional manner.
Monday- Thursday 10:00am-7:00pm, Friday 7:00am-4:00pm
Education: High School education required, greater preferred.
Experience: 2+ years collection experience preferred, with post charge off and/or deficiency balance collections experience a plus.
Skills: Ability to achieve set goals, meets deadlines, and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
Knowledge of collection laws and processes
Persuasive and professional communication skills
Strong numeric aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills
Detailed self-starter who is motivated and organized
Position is temporarily remote then will be based in Tempe, AZ office.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.