Recovery Short Sale Specialist
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Do you enjoy negotiating, solving problems, and providing excellent customer service? We need enthusiastic and success-driven telephone professionals to join our Recovery Collections team. We are a growing company who likes to reward our top performers with advancement opportunities and a yearly bonus structure. We’re looking for assertive and well-spoken yet compassionate negotiators who are dependable, service-minded, and results-oriented. The Recovery Specialist- Short Sale will effectively manage an inventory of Recovery accounts in charge-off status seeking a short sale or home sale. Work with consumers, brokers, and title companies to offer cure resolution options which meet pre-determined Company and Government standards.
Re-establish and maintain communication with customers to minimize company loss.
Inbound/outbound calls, send out Short Sale packets, gather documents and process short sale and home sale payoff requests.
Negotiate short payoffs, settlements and payment plans according to company guidelines and established protocols.
Achieve determined production metrics and goals with a focus on quality of service, adherence to FDCPA and internal compliance guidelines, and investor/client expectations.
Complete other projects, duties and assignments as assigned.
Proactively enforce all Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing, Recovery, and Compliance policies as well as federal (FDCPA) and state collection laws.
Other duties as assigned.
Previous experience in mortgage industry desired. Short Sale experience required.
Previous collection, underwriting, and loan processing experience a plus.
Persuasive and professional communication skills
Detailed self-starter who is motivated and organized
Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced, stressful environment
Strong numeric aptitude
Ability to meet department attendance standards
Ability to remain on the phone and sit for long periods of time
Use of a computer for long periods of time, including typing and viewing monitor
Knowledge of home sale process and associated documents
Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations to home sale process and consumer rights.
High School education or greater preferred.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.