Remote Loan Processor
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The focus of this position is to offer superior customer service to our borrowers! As a mortgage processor you will have the opportunity to collaborate with internal teams and ensure business is conducted properly!
- Communicating effectively with underwriting and Mortgage Consultants to understand the financial situation of the borrower
- Calculating income and reviewing tax returns
- Working with Government (FHA, USDA, VA) and Conventional loans
- Processing both refinance and purchase loans
- Responsible to meet daily, weekly, and monthly production goals.
- Effectively communicating with mortgage consultants to coordinate the approval process
- Responsible for applying professional experience and skills to ensure proper compliance and adhere to industry regulations and standards
- Consistent follow up with borrowers regarding loan status, over the top customer service!
- Professional communication skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience within Direct to consumer processing
- Experience with processing a pipeline of 25+ loans per month
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Solid understanding of the economics related to the origination, sale, and servicing of residential mortgage loans
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
* Three weeks’ PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R758