REO Asset Manager (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The REO Asset Manager will be responsible for the liquidation of investor-owned properties through the oversight of direct realtor relationships. They will manage a portfolio of 125-175 REO properties.
- Maximizes the return on REO assets through managed direct broker listings.
- Ensures that all parties have a clear understanding of the condition and value of each asset.
- Assists in the control of expenses related to the sale and maintenance of REO assets.
- Arranges for services relating to the maintenance, valuation, and marketing of assigned portfolio.
- Manages performance of listing agents.
- Considers changing market conditions and asset-specific factors to determine the best marketing strategy at the asset level.
- Able to defend asset management strategies at the asset level to clients, investors, and management.
- Understands and reacts appropriately to changes in market conditions.
- Partners with the REO Closing Team for timely and accurate closing of the sale of REO properties.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the on-going improvement of the REO department through sharing ideas and improvements with the team.
- Oversees the REO Asset Specialist work product to ensure standards are met regarding timeliness and accuracy.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- College degree required; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 years REO experience required.
- Real estate courses or license considered a plus.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing, especially Foreclosure, Deed-In-Lieu, Title, and other Default related processes is a plus.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and mathematical skills to be used in directing decision-making.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R5071