REO Asset Specialist I (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The REO Asset Specialist I is responsible for assigning a portfolio of foreclosed residential properties nationwide to approved brokers. They assist in the sales process of REO properties by expediting pre-marketing activities. The REO Asset Specialist I handles a total portfolio of 175 to 200 REO assets.
- The ability to handle work in a fast-paced environment and be able to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Ensuring our client properties are handled with timeliness and accuracy.
- Build excellent relationships with clients and keep them informed of property progress.
- Monitor properties from possession to list.
- Assign Broker Price Opinion to assigned listing agent.
- Assign second opinion Broker Price Opinion or Appraisal from selected vendor.
- Review completed valuations for accuracy.
- Order title from selected vendor
- Monitor portfolio and complete standardized price reductions.
- Send executed sales contracts to the listing agent and closing vendor.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- College degree required; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 0-2 years’ experience.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Real estate knowledge considered a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi-tasked environment.
- Prioritize tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Extended hours and overtime when needed.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.