REO Closing Specialist II (On-site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The REO Closing Specialist II will manage a portfolio of Under Contract Real Estate Owned Assets (REO). They will handle a total portfolio of 100 to 200 assets.
- Adhere to company policy, procedures, and timelines.
- Ability to work multi-state closing portfolio.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the closing process.
- Ability to review and clear title.
- Comply with all internal directive and investor requirements.
- Maintain strong partnerships with closing agents, attorneys, and real estate agents.
- Train and oversee closing agents’ performance.
- Reviews closing documents to ensure they are correct and complete.
- Ensure wires are received and funds are posted correctly.
- Adhere to strict closing timelines.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- 2-4 years’ real estate closing experience is required.
- Notary considered a plus.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of real estate closing documentation and procedures
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to workout complex problem with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R5074