Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
We are building something amazing. If you are smart, analytical, detailed and ready to be a difference maker, we want you to come join us and build something great! With a focus on controls and accuracy, we will provide the ability to make an imprint on our automation, our strategy and direction. The individual selected for the SBO Analyst role will be responsible for reviewing data daily between SBO 2000 and the system of record; additionally, they will research and resolve issues as well as maintain appropriate procedures.
- Responsible for daily review of data between SBO 2000 and servicing system
- Understanding of cash flow as it relates to borrower payments and deposit to respective custodial accounts
- Knowledge of reporting and remittance; and/or, PI custodial reconciliations
- Researches and resolves data issues
- Maintains and follows procedures and controls within the monthly process
- Heavy use of Microsoft Excel for data analysis and reporting
- Handle ad-hoc reporting or research as directed by management
- Demonstrate flexibility to ever-changing business needs and requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 2-4 years of Mortgage Servicing experience required; prior Investor Reporting experience preferred
- SBO 2000 experience preferred
- Intermediate to Expert MS Excel experience.
- SQL or other database reporting experience preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Solid analytical skills, particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
- Strong communication skills in order to interact with Senior Management and other business units.
- Working understanding of operational risks and related controls.
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities as appropriate to meet reporting deadlines and maintain reporting accuracy and analysis abilities with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.