Senior Application Developer
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for building and supporting a variety of applications as part of an expanding application development team for a rapidly growing company and sharing their knowledge and watching junior team members grow and flourish.
Design, model, construct and maintain custom and existing applications using a variety of tools and coding languages.
Performs a variety of complicated coding related tasks.
Direct the output of and work collaboratively within a sprints team.
Follow and improve Shellpoint Mortgage enterprise best practices and coding standards.
Create and maintain necessary technical documentation for project design, technical specification, and implementation plan.
Conduct and share research on emerging application development products and processes to enable and support constant improvement.
Achieve and/or support company performance goals.
Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements
Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area or 10+ years' experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with agile methodologies a plus
Experience with the following languages and using below concepts:
MS SQL Server
Relational Table Design
Transact SQL Language
Triggers and Stored Procedures
Azure DevOps and Pipelines
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
The ability to work from home is a must.
A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
Strong understanding of relational databases, distributed architecture, and Internet/Intranet concepts
Expert in software development.
Demonstrates experience in a variety of the field's concepts and practices.
Fully understands software development lifecycle and experience with a variety approaches to software development.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and leading development teams.
Ability to conduct research into development issues, standards and products as required.
Ability to present ideas and designs to variety of audiences.
Good communication skills with a strong customer support orientation.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Desire to develop in an agile environment.
Knowledge of Outsystems development platform and Salesforce a plus.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.