Senior Internal Auditor
Exceed the expectations of our residential mortgage borrowers & business partners through superior service, simple processes, and effective communications.
We deliver on this mission by empowering our employees by encouraging and recognizing superior performance and innovative solutions, by promoting teamwork and divisional cooperation.
- Carry out the vision and mission of Internal Audit to implement a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate the risk and control environment.
- Actively participate in and oversee the audit planning, execution and reporting process.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Review and evaluate compliance with corporate policies and procedures, applicable regulations and investor guidelines.
- Present findings to the Head of Internal Audit and business management team.
- Perform periodic follow up and testing to validate audit issues have been remediated and resolved.
- Perform risk assessments and advisory services for various business units upon request.
- Perform other relevant projects as assigned to assist Internal Audit in evaluating the risk and control environment of the Company.
- A BS/BA degree is required.
- Minimum 2-5 years internal or external audit experience in the financial services industry with a concentration in mortgage industry preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven, and organized individual.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft - Access, Excel, Visio, Word & Outlook
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Casual Workplace
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.