Senior Managing Analyst
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Manage all aspects and act as the accountable party for all Analytics & BI Reporting for the operational analytics teams which supports most internal operational groups. Partner with the Director of Analytics to ensure all initiatives are properly aligned with current and future business needs. Plays a large role in setting the strategic direction for analytics throughout the company. Ensure proper prioritization of analytics projects based on business need & value and manage performance of the team to ensure projects are completed both timely and accurately. Perform supervisory duties for the analytics team such as setting team standards, goal setting and tracking, departmental and personnel performance management, PTO management, coaching, weekly meetings with direct reports, staff development, etc.
- Lead the Operational Analytics group by making strategic and tactical decisions on key analytics initiatives designed to increase operational productivity and company profitability.
- Manage a team of analysts supporting the internal operating departments o.
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment championing the creation, design, and implementation of value-add business strategies that affect current operating practices and company policy.
- Maintains a high-level understanding of all business groups within the organization, corresponding data, and processes. Identifies potential downstream impacts of changes made in one organization and its effects on other groups.
- Communicates complex analytical results, and corresponding implications to both internal and external clients in a manner that will be easily understood
- Serve as a resource for developing the teams technical and problem-solving skills. Assists the team with the development of visualization dashboards and reports
- Work with operational leaders and or clients to create and manage prescriptive and predictive reporting/KPI’s that improve efficiency, controls, accuracy, compliance, profitability, etc.
- Partner with technology groups to define, implement, and enforce adherence to efficient coding standards in order to maintain scalability and a proper data control environment.
- Maintain and advance individual and the team’s knowledge on new, evolving, and cutting-edge technologies for both internal operations and client-facing use.
- Maintain and report on the Analytics’ department KPI’s and other metrics such as pipeline, throughput, ETA’s, etc.
- Perform personnel managerial duties such as goal setting and tracking, performance monitoring and coaching, ensuring associate engagement, and other typical managerial duties
- Spend approximately 15% of time coding in a SQL environment, helping team members or working on high level projects.
- Create ad-hoc analysis, and other presentations as required by client or other key stakeholders.
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management
- Proficiency with SQL (MS SQL Server) and data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, SSRS)
- Strong skills in Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formulas).
- Ability to remain focused in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while maintaining the highest levels of customer service to external parties and engagement with staff
- Exceptionally strong leadership skills managing local and remote teams including teams in highly differing time zones
- Demonstrated ability to lead and retain a highly engaged, knowledgeable team in an analytics environment
- Excellent big-picture thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in Mortgage Servicing highly desired
- Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline and 5+ years of experience as an analyst in a financial setting
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190823130102_DRVRNFANIDOQ0RM5