Senior Operations Analyst
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 4th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The Senior Operations Analyst (Letters) will manage the day to day letter operations of SMS Recovery department, ensuring compliance with federal, state and investor requirements in accordance with the established company policies and procedures. Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations to continually improve structures, processes, and performance.
- Manage the letter process for SMS Recovery. Develop new letters, make revisions, and facilitate development with Compliance and Print Production to ensure accurate and timely implementation.
- Participate in planning and development of new processes, workflows and system enhancements as new acquisitions and clients are boarded and de-boarded, as it relates to letters.
- Ensure legally required Recovery letters and notices are sent timely and accurately
- Manage Recovery letters processes for loan servicing transfers.
- Partner with the SMS Print Production team to ensure bulk letter processes are completed within required timeframes.
- Assist IT with data file requirements for bulk letters as needed
- Collaborate with Recovery Management to develop written marketing initiatives and manage the campaign letters from inception through deployment.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor
- 5+ years writing, editing and process development experience
- 5+ years mortgage servicing experience required, preferably in mortgage and/or post charge-off servicing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze information and business processes
- Self-Motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent organizing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, especially Word and Excel
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business; or equivalent work experience