Senior Software Application Developer (Remote)
Do you enjoy providing excellent service and building strong internal relationships? We need energetic senior application development professionals to join our Application Development team. If selected, you’ll work from the comfort of your own home, building and supporting a variety of applications as part of an expanding application development team for a rapidly growing company. We need someone who enjoys sharing their knowledge and watching junior team members grow and flourish. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, well-spoken people who are service-minded, competent, reliable, and flexible.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Design, model, construct and maintain custom and existing applications using a variety of tools and coding languages.
- Accountable for leading projects with small teams of developers under direction of the Director for Servicing Director Application Development and make technical decisions concerning the assigned projects.
- Performs a variety of complicated coding related tasks.
- Direct the output of and work collaboratively within a project team.
- Follow and improve Shellpoint Mortgage enterprise best practices and coding standards.
- Create and maintain necessary technical documentation for project design, technical specification, and implementation plan.
- Will provide consultation on complex projects and technical solutions as directed to development teams.
- Shares knowledge and mentors’ other developers on the team, some of which will be offshore.
- Conduct and share research on emerging application development products and processes to enable and support constant improvement.
- Achieve and/or support company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
- The ability to work from home is a must.
- A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, distributed architecture, and Internet/Intranet concepts
- Expert in software development.
- Demonstrates experience in a variety of the field's concepts and practices .
- Fully understands software development lifecycle and experience with a variety approaches to software development.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and leading development teams.
- Ability to conduct research into development issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and designs to variety of audiences.
- Good communication skills with a strong customer support orientation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Desire to develop in an agile environment.
- Experience with agile methodologies a plus
- Experience with the following languages and using below concepts:
- MS SQL Server
- Relational Table Design
- Transact SQL Language
- Triggers and Stored Procedures
- Web development
- Experience developing services
- MS SQL Server 2016 or higher a plus
- Multi-Threaded Development
- Working knowledge of MS Enterprise Library and CAB a plus
- Experience with JIRA as a project lifecycle management, development and defect tracking tool.
- Knowledge of Finastra Fusion Servicing Director a plus
Education & experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area or 10+ years' experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Dedicated and separate high-speed Internet.
- Secure home office free of background noise and other distractions.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Opportunity to work from home.
- PTO (paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. May require off hour contact with offshore resources for work direction and mentoring. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Up to 10% travel to other company locations for projects, training, etc. may be needed periodically.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20200519161204_ZWP19GG19L6MDHBU