Senior Software Quality Assurance Professional (Remote)
Do you enjoy providing excellent service and building strong internal relationships? We need an energetic senior software quality assurance professional to join our Application Development team. If selected, you’ll work from the comfort of your own home, testing and supporting a variety of applications as part of an expanding application development team for a rapidly growing company. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, well-spoken people who are service-minded, competent, reliable, and flexible.
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 8th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for design, construction, execution of appropriate comprehensive test cases, verifying feature set and functionality and identifying defects through systematic testing of the project.
- Assist in the construction, execution and ongoing maintenance of automated testing scripts and full regression testing suites.
- Performs a variety of complicated testing related tasks including proper accounting for non-functional requirements in test plans.
- Follow and improve Shellpoint Mortgage enterprise best practices and testing standards.
- Create and maintain necessary and appropriate technical documentation for project-based test results.
- Will provide consultation on complex projects and technical solutions as directed to project, development and testing teams.
- Shares knowledge and mentors other SQA staff on the team, some of which will be offshore.
- Conduct and share research on emerging SQA testing products and processes to enable and support constant improvement.
- Participate in achieving company performance goals.
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
- Possess a "test to break" attitude toward testing
- Strong communication skills.
- Meticulous, detailed aptitude.
- The ability to work effectively from home is a must.
- A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
- Willingness to aggressively pursue all assignments until complete, even when challenges arise.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, distributed architecture, and Internet/Intranet concepts
- Expert in software development testing.
- Demonstrates experience in a variety of the field's concepts and practices.
- Fully understands software development lifecycle and experience with a variety approaches to software testing.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conduct research into testing issues, standards and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and designs clearly to variety of audiences.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience with agile methodologies a plus.
- Experience with testing applications and code done with the following languages and using below concepts:
- MS SQL Server
- Relational Table Design
- Transact SQL Language
- Triggers and Stored Procedures
- Web development
- Experience testing services
- MS SQL Server 2016 or higher a plus
- Multi-Threaded Development
- Experience with JIRA as a project lifecycle management and defect tracking tool.
- Experience with TFS.
- Knowledge of Finastra Fusion Servicing Director a plus.
Education & experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent combination of education and 10+ years’ experience.
- Dedicated and separate high-speed Internet
- Secure home office free of background noise and other distractions
- Advancement opportunities.
- Opportunity to work from home.
- PTO (paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. May require off hour contact with offshore resources for work direction and mentoring. Nothing in this job description restricts
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20200519162322_M4DUAN9GQM4USIQV