Senior Staff Accountant
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Maintain the integrity of the General Ledger reporting system by ensuring that all journal entries are posted in a timely manner, coded correctly and subsidiary ledgers and journals are closed in accordance with established procedures.
* Create and analyze detailed balance sheet schedules
* Assist with assigned tasks for completion of audit reports
* Interact with internal and external auditors to complete annual audits
* Recommend improvements for handling accounting procedures
* Daily Reconciliation of clearing accounts and A/R
* 5+ years’ experience in accounting required
* In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Dynamics & FRx experience (including creating reports) required
* Understanding of accounting principles (GAAP) and other accounting standards
* Experience with a computerized general ledger and financial reporting software
* Ability to work with limited supervision, manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Excellent organization skills
* Strong PC skills including an advanced familiarity with Microsoft Excel
* Excellent and communication organizational skills
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance