Servicing Operations Data Integrity Analyst
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The primary function of the Servicing Operations Data Integrity Analyst will be to monitor and improve Shellpoint’s 1098/1099 process. The position will be the primary owner of all the individual processes related to End of Year. The position will be responsible for working with all relevant departments to establish agreed upon dates for all key functions related to the end of year reporting process. The analyst will be responsible for monitoring each of the departmental functions to make sure all necessary data is correct and available throughout the year. The position will work with all departments to receive signoff related to loan populations and amounts to report during the year. The secondary function of the Servicing Operations Data Integrity Analyst will be to monitor and review data discrepancies at the time of boarding and throughout the life of the loan.
- Create and publish the SMS end of year timeline containing all necessary steps that need to be completed with dates and responsible process owners.
- Work with SMS management to confirm that all timelines are being met for a successful year end process to run the first week of January.
- Create and maintain any policy and procedure documents related to end of year processes.
- Establish a monthly loan population sign off process for departments to verify that modification, short sale and foreclosure populations identified by the 1099 code are valid.
- Monitor data exception reports for any missing data fields that are required for 1099 reporting and set up a process for departments to correct missing information.
- Assist compliance with monitoring any required changes related to the 1098/1099 process, including changes to IRS forms. Work with default support to make sure any changes to IRS forms are implemented into SMS forms.
- Support the SMS training staff in identifying and answering the most common questions/issues asked by borrowers to implement into Customer Support End of Year training.
- Support borrower facing departments by researching additional information related to end of year tasks.
- Responsible for processes related to TIN matching and confirming that all eligible loans have received a W9.
- Create and monitor exception reports related to illogical data at the time of boarding and throughout the life of the loan.
- Work with multiple departments to identify the root cause of the illogical data and how to prevent issues going forward.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, SQL/data systems, and mortgage servicing systems.
- Strong knowledge of mortgage documents, security instruments, and modification documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have 2+ years of mortgage experience with experience reading and understanding mortgage closing documents.
- Proven track record of managing cross departmental projects and processes
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in the mortgage industry.
Work Schedule & Travel:
- Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00, ET with some minor flexibility
- Certain after hours/weekend support may be necessary for projects or high business volume situations
- After hours/ weekend email monitoring
- Up to 10% travel to other company locations for projects, training, etc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190612133043_I6A4PRVCNTOV5NGN