Servicing Systems Administrator
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Responsible for analysis, administration, management and strategic direction of the company’s servicing platform. Performs and monitors daily, monthly and annual processing of Servicing Director events. Troubleshoots and provides fixes for system errors, bugs and data issues. Provides business analysis, project management and process improvement support for key systems such as Servicing Director and other enterprise servicing systems. Partners with applicable servicing system vendors to ensure compliance, business needs, and other items are developed and delivered in a timely manner. Implements and oversees upgrades, testing, new features, etc. Prioritizes and manages numerous (often competing) initiatives, provide training documents for new systems and processes, and employ a project management approach to systems related initiatives. Works with all levels and business lines within the company to identify and prioritize system projects.
- Act as a primary servicing system administrator, responsible for the overall maintenance of Servicing Director and other critical servicing systems
- Maintain, execute and monitor daily/monthly/yearly run events to ensure data and system integrity; troubleshoot and rectify any anomalies
- Provide user and system support mostly during business hours, while being available for after hours systematic and event issues; partnering with technical/DBA teams.
- Maintain and enhance existing internal controls to ensure a highly available and accurate system of record; work with compliance to ensure contract and legal obligations are met
- Work closely with DBAs to identify database, code, and other performance issues to ensure the system is highly available and highly performing
- Work a ticket queue for top-tier issues that have been escalated up from triage and loan-level teams; see issues through to resolution
- Maintain and create systems reporting for periodic monitoring/KPI as well as system alerts to ensure swift and accurate response to any malfunctions or system issues
- Work with other business lines to review data updates as necessary while protecting from downstream systems issues
- Lead the rollout of new systems functionality - the enhancements that the vendors supply and the customizations we make to core servicing and ancillary systems. This includes coordinating the timing, notification, change management, testing and other key steps for successful implementations
- Actively work on and track projects, specifically larger and broader projects that cross multiple departments/business lines and/or those that require coordination with vendors or third party consultants, maintain necessary project documentation such as a project plan, issue log and deliverables log to track the program and/or project progress.
- Prepare weekly updates to management with the status and plan for major projects.
- Distribute helpful How-To documents, training materials, research system questions, and determine best practices for interaction with the systems.
- Experience - 8+ years of increasingly responsible positions in enterprise servicing/financial applications administration with demonstrated history of high performance and achievement.
- Proficient in basic SQL querying, Servicing Director (or similar servicing platform) administration, administration of other key servicing systems such as LMS, Equator, LPS, OnBase, etc.
- Knowledge of financial industry regulations and a demonstrated ability to design/maintain internal controls to adhere to GLBA, FDCPA, SOX, etc.
- Administering a high volume enterprise system where manual operations are time and cost prohibitive
- Ability to learn new systems and act as a technical owner for them
- Be self-disciplined with good time management, prioritization and professional attitude
- Ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a team environment. Flexible to changing priorities, project scopes, and deadlines. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Work well as an internal consultant in understanding business processes.
- Communicate exceptionally with enterprise class interpersonal skills (listening, comprehending, composing written communication, etc.)
- Strong Project Management, facilitation, and team leadership skills.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends for routine maintenance, upgrades, system outages, major issues or during other high workload periods
- Bachelor’s Degree required and Advanced Degree Desired -Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field; significant experience in the industry considered.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190610034743_QKSHGW8GEUMM7GBF