Software Engineering Lead
Exceed the expectations of our residential mortgage borrowers & business partners through superior service, simple processes, and effective communications.
We deliver on this mission by empowering our employees by encouraging and recognizing superior performance and innovative solutions, by promoting teamwork and divisional cooperation.
The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying software applications. This role involves contributing to the planning of team level deliverables, timelines, and leading multiple teams. The Lead Software engineer will be responsible for identification and development of enterprise solutions. As a lead, this role will mentor software engineering team promoting good development principles and providing expertise in complex problem solving.
Contribute to operations process, policy, and procedure continuous improvement by:
Performing formal code reviews to ensure specifications and standards are met.
Execute unit tests to ensure code meets specifications.
Direct/review unit testing plans and practice of software engineering team.
Apply defined code management, build, and deployment standards and practices.
Coordinate engagement of software engineering team in production support within their application domain.
Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
Develop solution options for system requirements by:
Translating system requirements to systems specifications.
Develop and test software per defined specifications.
Investigating and researching complex system problems to establish root cause and resolution.
Contribute to the development of software design, development, and quality standards.
Development of technology and product roadmaps.
Use knowledge of agile principles to lead and improve SCRUM ceremonies.
Oversee multiple Sprint teams, and provide technical direction.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, required.
5+ years experience with software engineering.
Knowledge of application architecture principles and standards.
Strong verbal communication skills; strong writing and composition abilities.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships across the organization.
Strong influencing and negotiation skills; consultative and collaborative work style.
High learning agility with the ability to learn and integrate business variables and learn new systems and platforms.
Strong analytical skills & problem-solving abilities; solid decision-making abilities coupled with sound judgment.
Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Strong project management capability.
Self-directed and comfortable working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
High degree of professional maturity, integrity, ability to maintain confidential data and information.
High degree of business acumen; strong technical aptitude.
Strong Microsoft Office skills to include MS Word & Excel.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Casual Workplace
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.