Software Quality Analyst I
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Software Quality Analyst I work closely with the software users, developers and business support managers to understand product requirements and functionality. This
includes design and execution of appropriate test cases, verifying features and functionality and identifying defects through systematic testing.
* Perform functional, negative, user scenario, and regression testing in an agile development environment.
* Partner with development, management, and technical staff to continually improve testing methodology, processes, documentation and standards.
* Position will follow all security guidelines and will comply with all components of our privacy and security policy.
* Develop and execute detailed test cases tied to User Stories or Product Backlog Items for newly created or modified software.
* Validate all aspects of the system are functioning correctly, to include user interface, business logic, data inputs, data outputs and data manipulations.
* Research and confirm through detailed data analysis (often in SQL Server) that all business requirements were implemented correctly according to what was defined as
in scope for the project.
* Evaluate and analyze results of testing.
* Document and communicate test results to the project team.
* Achieve a thorough understanding of business processes and everyday software usage. Meet with end users and stakeholders, both remotely and in person.
2+ years of software testing is required.
* Understanding of high level Software Testing practices.
* Willingness to aggressively pursue all assignments until complete, even when challenges arise.
* Analytical approach to testing.
* Ability to work independently with some oversight, in a team based context.
* Ability to prioritize and remain focused in a dynamic fast paced environment.
* Familiarity with the Agile Software Development methodology.
* Experience with TFS and Test Manager tool desired.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Basic understanding of relational database concepts, especially SQL Server.
College or university degree in the field of Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.