Special Loans & Servicing Ops Analyst I (On-Site)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
- Researches servicing histories and setup of ARM, DSI, and modified loans, collects supporting documentation, and assists in preparing audit responses; analyzes exception reports and clears exceptions by researching and correcting errors
- Monitors the status of ARM loans; assists in resolving servicing transfer/loan setup issues; researches ARM loan payment histories;
- Audits ARM Change Notifications prior to mailing;
- Reviews and processes modification requests;
- Conducts special projects as assigned by Special Loans Managements;
- Calculate loan amortizations to correct posting errors by Shellpoint or previous servicers;
- Update loans through adjustments and payment reapplications to reflect the proper accounting of all payments made per department requests;
- Supports management in achieving goals and improving the efficiency/productivity of the department; and,
- Completes miscellaneous tasks as necessary or required.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of mortgage documents, security instruments, and modification documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in the mortgage industry.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.