SQL Trainer (Analytics)
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners’ mortgage payments, paying homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
The individual selected for the job will combine their technical and business skills to efficiently train analysts of varying experience levels, as well as non-technical business users to effectively use a range of Analytical tools. Is responsible for assisting the Director of Training and Development with the assessment of training needs, development of training material, implementation of companywide training initiatives, and measurement of training effectiveness, as well as reviewing and implementing all changes needed based on client and industry needs.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver training content, presentations, and accompanying materials related to SQL, SSRS, Tableau, and other Analytics tools.
- Deliver instructor-led classroom, one-on-one trainings, virtual, and video training to analysts and business users.
- Learn and apply new technologies, products, and platforms for the analytics team and the business.
- Assists in promoting team creative growth through running viz challenges and analytics competitions. Uses this forum to disseminate creative learning, exercises, and knowledge to the team.
- Assists in research for new ways to innovate user centered and aesthetic visual analytics.
- Maintains expert knowledge in a variety of analytical and visualization tools, including Tableau, SQL Server, and Excel.
- Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to a varied audience including the operations staff and senior management.
- Aid Analytics team in reducing code inefficiencies and failures through SQL code review and coaching.
- Contributes to the overall success of Training and Development by identifying ways to continuously improve the learning process.
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing administration of a Learning Management System by ensuring all training is tracked for completion daily.
- Enters training records for tracking employee training completion.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Director and dedicated department.
- Expertise with SQL, Tableau, and Excel is required.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Showcase excellent problem solving, analytical, communication and customer-facing skills.
- Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
- Professional classroom facilitation preferred; experience in a training capacity preferred
- Display a willingness to dive into new technologies and to create data driven solutions.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to communicate across a wide range of audiences (tech users/business users).
- A strong "stage presence" with ability to manage a room full of adult learners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline, or related STEM field.
- Advanced Degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline a plus, or related STEM field.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20190609183941_U2Y61VNZMLZNQJOF