Sr. Business Controls Analyst
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Business Control personnel are responsible for the design, implementation, and oversight of a suite of surveillance activities designed to prevent and detect behaviors that may violate regulatory rules or internal policies and procedures. Business Controls is responsible for escalating the activity and working collaboratively with partners to determine the appropriate resolution of the matter, appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrate particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the company, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
The Business Control Sr. Analyst is responsible for executing key risk programs that ensure the company is in compliance with company policies, procedures, and all applicable laws, rules, regulations, including agency and investor requirements that may include reviewing and researching loan files.
Conduct reviews on loans requested by investors, agencies, insurers or warehouse lenders.
Analyze results from loan reviews and identify trends, either in loan quality or personnel.
Escalate any loan concerns to management and provide justification/documentation.
Assist in the preparation of Monthly Reports which track and monitor material, moderate, and recurring exceptions identified during the reviews.
Provide feedback on any necessary revisions or updates to policies and procedures.
Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
5+ years mortgage banking experience
Experience in any areas of mortgage operations including: processing, underwriting, closing, funding, and post closing and servicing.
Familiar with FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA, MI and investor policies and guidelines.
Ability to effectively present information/respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and public.
Familiarity with various mortgage operations applications
Ability to interpret guidelines and make decisions based on these interpretations.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.