Sr Compliance Advisor (Onsite)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of America’s top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Newrez is hiring a support role to the Head of Servicing Compliance to execute sensitive compliance testing projects, compliance research, and other projects assigned by the Office of General Counsel. This role is designed to combine the skills of a legal and compliance professional who aspires to advance in the Legal or Compliance Organizations. This position will manage and oversee the fulfillment and timely completion of internal and external compliance related monitoring requests, Exam Management requests, and Internal Audit requests. The Sr Compliance Advisor conducts research, validation, and coordinates appropriate legal review of sensitive compliance work products. The position includes assisting with the assembling, reconciliation, and validation of meeting materials and meeting minutes for Board of Director, Enterprise Risk, and Compliance Risk meetings.
- Respond in writing or verbally to and anticipate questions arising from reviews/exams/audits, including explanations of compliance processes.
- Manage and oversee the fulfillment and timely completion of internal and external compliance related monitoring requests, sensitive exam management matters, and internal audit deliverables.
- Provide guidance on compliance issues and proposed remediations and tracking and validation of remediation activity.
- Assist with analysis, reconciliation, and validation of meeting materials and meeting minutes for the Board of Director, Enterprise Risk, and Compliance Risk meetings.
- Handle the intake of sensitive compliance testing projects, escalated complaints from the Office of the General Counsel, and other potential compliance department red flags.
- Review and comment on questions arising from reviews/exams/audits, including explanations of compliance processes from a legal perspective and coordinate the internal response.
- Stay abreast of business and regulatory changes to ensure materials are relevant and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Other duties as directed Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-10 years related experience.
- Paralegal, Law, Internal Audit, or Examination experience preferred.
- Certified Mortgage Examinations Manager (CMEM) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Strong project-management skills, with a proven ability to coordinate across departments and functions.
- Strong technical skills including familiarity with mortgage servicing systems, quality assurance software, and tracking systems.
- Proven ability to draft procedures and evaluate internal controls.
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Ability to address challenging issues while remaining objective and independent.
- Ability to build technical processes and work with Product to provide compliance related requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FACTA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP, and GLBA - HMDA a plus.
- Proven ability to take a project from start to finish.
- Ability to handle several projects at once while staying organized, detail oriented and diligent.
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies, and issues to stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 9 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.